The University of Twente is a multicultural community of talented, ambitious people that offers students, scientists and educators from around the world the best possible conditions:
- An innovative and vibrant campus with world-class facilities for crossing boundaries and solving complex problems – including state-of-the-art facilities, such as our world-renowned NanoLab, our newly formed Designlab and a new Technical Medical Centre currently.
- An engineering approach to societal challenges, merging fundamental technological and social science research with systematic solution designing.
- Core technologies, among the world’s best, in fields such as nanotechnology and biomedical engineering, IT, robotics and geo-information science.
- Highly personal education, applying student-driven learning and project-based teamwork to foster synergy, (self-)discovery and out of the box problem-solving.
- An outstanding track record in value creation, starting up and spinning off new businesses (with some 1,000 successful ventures to date) and giving shape to new expressions of social and industrial engagement.